The go-to resource for adventure trip itineraries, epic destination guides, baby travel tips and budget travel information. Join us on our mission to find the best views and food in the world while maintaining a budget, staying active and traveling as a family. Experiencing new cultures and exploring new places does not have to be expensive or complicated. See our posts for more details on making travel more accessible to you!
And remember, Always Have A Trip Planned!
Our Top Posts:
- Epic 10 Day Utah National Parks/Southwest Road Trip
- Zion National Park Quick Guide
- How to Hike with a Baby
- Flying with a Baby
- Dog Friendly Door County, Wisconsin Guide
- The Perfect One Week Itinerary for Hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park
- Alaska Road Trip: The Perfect Guide
- Florida Keys/Southern Florida Quick Guide
- Dry Tortugas National Park Quick Guide
- How to Fit all your Luggage in a Carry-On
- 5 Ways to Save on Flights
Our Most Recent Posts:
- How to Plan Your First Europe Trip
- Visiting Venice, Italy on a Budget
- Visiting Cinque Terre, Italy on a Budget
- Visiting Rome, Italy on a Budget
- Visiting Athens, Greece on a Budget
- Visiting Santorini, Greece on a Budget
- Visiting Dublin, Ireland on a Budget
- Visiting Killarney, Ireland on a Budget
- Visiting London, England on a Budget
- Visiting Barcelona, Spain on a Budget
- Visiting Madrid, Spain on a Budget
- Visiting Lisbon, Portugal on a Budget
- Visiting Paris, France on a Budget
- Visiting Ghent, Belgium on a Budget
- Visiting Amsterdam, Netherlands on a Budget
- The Best Hiking Apps
- How to Book Accommodations
- How to Stay in Shape While Traveling
- Why you Should Unplug While Traveling
- Why you Should take a Food Tour While Traveling
- Maui, Hawaii Quick Guide
- Haleakala National Park Quick Guide
- Big Island, Hawaii Quick Guide
- 5 Stops on the Road to Hana
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Quick Guide
Hi, we are Natalie and Sam! Travel has been at the forefront of our lives since we met on a puddle jumper plane in Belize in 2013. Whether we are camping in the Sahara in Morocco, hiking through the rainforest in Hawaii or eating fresh seafood in Portugal, we love the endless adventures and experiences that travel affords.
We are keen active adventurers, budget travelers, food lovers and suckers for a great view. Over the past 8 years, while both working W2 jobs and maintaining a budget, we have traveled to 21 countries, 85 plus cities and 20 National Parks. We started our ‘Always Have A Trip Planned’ blog to share travel tips and tricks we have learned along the way as well as to share our experiences.
In 2021, we added the newest (and cutest) member to our team, our daughter G. We have continued to adventure and explore the world with her by our sides. Contrary to popular belief, after you have a baby, adventure does not have to end. It may look a bit different but, in our opinion, it is even more rewarding to explore new places with your little one. As we continue to navigate traveling with a baby, we will share what we learn with you.
The world is a book and we hope to read as many pages as possible. Sometimes the anticipation for travel is almost as exciting as the actual trip. By always having a trip planned (or, in other words, always having a trip to look forward to), we continue to read the pages of the world and experience the joy that traveling brings.
We hope to create a community to connect with other travelers (or soon-to-be travelers) who have a passion for adventure travel, staying active, traveling as a family and mindful spending. Travel does not have to be expensive or complicated. We want to help travel adventures feel more accessible to you.
If you find our blog posts helpful or have suggestions, we would love to hear from you via a comment on the blog or social media. Be sure to follow us on Instagram and Facebook as well as subscribe to our emails below (we won’t spam you!).
Happy traveling and remember, Always Have A Trip Planned!